Phone: (800) 422-4828 or (229) 924-6935
Assistance for veterans with disabilities
The right kind of financial help can lower the size of the home loan you may require if you’re a veteran with a disability. Types of housing support for veterans with disabilities include:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, popularly known as the VA, offers housing funds to help veterans who possess particular disabilities linked to their amount of time in solution. Using the Specially Adapted Housing funds (SAH) or Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) Grants, qualified veterans can get assist in buying, building or renovating to obtain houses that meet their demands.
To apply for the SAH/SHA advantage, you’ll want to fill in and submit VA Form 26-4555. A form can be got by you by:
- Using online
- Getting a duplicate associated with type electronically and mailing it to your nearest Regional Loan Center
- Calling the VA at (800) 827-1000 to own a questionnaire mailed for you
- Visiting your VA that is nearest regional workplace
Contact the VA
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs 810 Vermont Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20420
E-mail: sahinfo. Vbaco@va.gov Phone: (800) 827-3702 TTY: (800) 829-4833
Homes For Our Troops
Homes For Our Troops is just an agency that is nonprofit to buying or building especially adjusted domiciles for veterans severely hurt in Iraq and Afghanistan after Sept. 11, 2001. Other criteria that are basic:
- Retired or perhaps in the process of medical your your retirement from armed forces solution.
- Received a page of eligibility for the VA exclusively Adapted Housing (SAH) system.
- Pass a criminal and credit history check.
- The HFOT house must be the main residence. Continue reading “Habitat for Humanity Global 121 Habitat St. Americus, GA 31709-3498 United States Of America”